Archive for September, 2011
Flux will be hopping this fall with a variety of fun events. Watch for your invitation to our Second Anniversary Celebration on Friday, October 14, from 5 to 8 p.m. And mark your calendars for the following events—artist lectures, the Open Studio Tour, and our small works show—now through December. Hope to see you soon at Flux Gallery.
- Saturday, Oct. 15, 2–3 p.m.: Painting as Problem-Solving: Snatching Victory from the Jaws of Defeat, lecture with artist Lee Roy Beach
- Saturday, Nov. 5, 11 a.m.–noon: Monotype Mystery, lecture with artist C.J. Shane
- Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 12 &13, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.: Open Studio Tour with Lee Roy Beach, Sheryl Holland, and Mary Vaneecke at Flux Gallery
- Friday & Saturday, Nov. 18 and 19: Guest artist Lisa Mishler
- Saturday, Dec. 3, 2–3 p.m.: Confessions of a Subversive Stitcher, lecture with artist Mary Vaneecke
- Friday & Saturday, Dec. 10 & 11: Small works show (hours to be announced)
Mari Herreras of the Tucson Weekly interviewed our own Mary Vaneecke for the TQ&A column. To read more about Mary’s mixed-media textile work, click here. You can hear her artist talk, “Confessions of a Subversive Stitcher,” at Flux on December 3rd at 2:00 p.m. You can meet Mary and see her work at the gallery this Saturday. Stop by and say hello.